Roundtable Series – Sharing Knowledge and Informing Future Research
The Roundtables are a series of virtual sessions taking place from January to June 2022. These sessions are by invitation only and bring together diverse voices and perspectives from across Canada to discuss the opportunities, challenges, and implications of a Canadian Northern Corridor. This includes stakeholder groups in government, industry, business, the non-profit sector, Indigenous rights-holder communities, and organizations such as Indigenous governments and advocacy organizations.
Discussions will focus on a broad spectrum of topics from environmental, social and national security concerns, to regional trade and economic development, to legal and regulatory issues. The goal of this process is to develop an inclusive and balanced picture of stakeholders and rights-holders’ assessment of the potential risks and benefits associated with corridor infrastructure development in Canada.
- Do you work in one of the following areas?
- National- or regional- level Indigenous organization, government, or advocacy group
- Municipal, provincial, or territorial government or Crown corporation
- Local or band-level Indigenous government
- Natural resources, energy, trade, or agriculture
- Transportation, telecommunications or infrastructure
- Social or Environmental NGO
- Financing and Indigenous Financing
- Are you in a position to represent your organization, sector, or interest group and have the authority to speak on its behalf?
If the answer to both of these questions is ‘Yes’ and you would be interested in potentially representing your organization, sector, or interest group at one of the roundtable sessions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROUNDTABLE SESSION SCHEDULE*
- RT1: Municipal Governments (West) - January 25, 2021
- RT2: Provincial Governments (West) – February 8, 2022
- RT3: Provincial Governments (East) – February 22, 2022
- RT4: Municipal Governments (East) - March 8, 2021
- RT5: Municipal and Indigenous Governments (North) – March 15, 2022
- RT6: Industry 1 – Transportation – April 5, 2022
- RT7: Social NGOS 1 – April 12, 2022
- RT8: Industry 2 – Energy – April 19, 2022
- RT9: Territorial Governments - April 26, 2021
- RT10: Industry 3 – Telecommunications – May 3, 2022
- RT11: Environmental NGOs - May 10, 2022
- RT12: Industry 4 – Tourism – May 17, 2022
- RT13: Industry 5 – Natural Resources – May 31, 2022
- RT14: Finance and Indigenous Finance – June 8, 2022
- RT15: Indigenous Government (West) - June 14, 2022
- RT16: Social NGOs 2 - June 22, 2022
- RT17: Indigenous Government (East) - June 28, 2022
* exact dates are subject to change