The leadership team of the Canadian Northern Corridor Research Program garners advice and direction from our two advisory committees: the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) and the External Advisory Committee (EAC).
Scientific Advisory Committee
SAC members are distinguished scholars with research expertise related to the core research themes of the program. The SAC contributes advice and expertise to ensure research integrity, inform the selection of study authors and external reviewers, and guide research direction.
Currently serving members:
- Dr. Angela Cameron. Shirley Greenberg Chair and Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa
- Dr. Thomas Dietz. University Distinguished Professor of Sociology and Environmental Science and Policy and Assistant Vice President for Environmental Research, Center for Systems Integration and Sustainability, Michigan State University
- Dr. Chelsea Gabel. Assistant Professor and Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Well-Being, Community Engagement, and Innovation, McMaster University
- Dr. Rob Gillezeau. Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Victoria
- Dr. P. Whitney Lackenbauer. Canadian Research Chair, Trent University
- Dr. Bram Noble. Professor, Faculty of Arts and Science, University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Barry Prentice. Professor, Supply Chain Management, University of Manitoba
- Mr. Ian Satchwell. Adjunct Professor, Sustainable Minerals Institute, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Dr. Jessica Shadian. President and CEO, Arctic360
- Dr. Laxmi Sushama. Professor and Trottier Chair in Sustainability in Engineering and Design, Department of Civil Engineering and TISED, McGill University
- Dr. Wanda Wuttunee. Professor, Native Studies, University of Manitoba
External Advisory Committee
EAC members are eminent practitioners from government, industry, community, indigenous groups, and NGOs. The EAC provides advice and expertise regarding stakeholder engagement, research topics, program communication and knowledge dissemination, and partnership development.
Currently serving members:
- Brian Bietz. President, Bietz Resources
- Darrell Beaulieu. CEO, Denendeh Investments Ltd.
- Martin Chamberlain. Senior Assistant Deputy Minister, Energy Alberta
- Dennis Darby. President and CEO, Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Timothy Egan. President and CEO, Canadian Gas Association
- David Emerson. Chair, Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
- David Gillen. Director, Centre for Transportation Studies, UBC Sauder School of Business
- Elisabeth Laratta. Senior Manager of Government Relations & Public Policy, CIBC
- Christine Loth-Bown. Vice-President, Indigenous Affairs and Cultural Heritage, Parks Canada
- Sheila Risbud. Director of Government Affairs, Teck Resources Limited
- Sonya Saunders. Director of Strategic Infrastructure, Government of Northwest Territories